> Festival Community Magazin - klickst Du hier <

Tips for Solo American? - Hurricane

alles rund um "unser" Festival - im Norden wie im Süden
Planbaker922
Tips for Solo American? - Hurricane

Beitrag von Planbaker922 » Mi 5. Jun 2019, 09:45

Hello! I apologize in advance for posting English.

I'll be visiting Germany for a week and a half and I'm planning on going to the Hurricane Festival. I was planning on buying my camping gear from Decathalon and probably just throwing it away after. I've never done a camping festival before, let alone in a completely different country so I'm a bit nervous. Does anyone have any tips for me? Will I be able to make friends over there?

Thanks for the help! :)

Gelöschter Benutzer 408

Re: Tips for Solo American? - Hurricane

Beitrag von Gelöschter Benutzer 408 » Mi 5. Jun 2019, 09:57

Hey,

welcome to the forum.

Instead of throwing away a newly bought tent you could also just rent one at the festival. Information here: https://www.hurricane.de/de/wohnen/mein ... ht-schon1/ (you can switch to english there)

smi

Beitrag von smi » Mi 5. Jun 2019, 09:58

Hi there,

For your camping gear:
On the campsite are spots from the "Rotenburger Tafel e.V." they collect food for poor and/or homeless people. There you can help these people, please do not throw the stuff away.

smi
Respect Existence or Expect Resistance

Planbaker922

Beitrag von Planbaker922 » Mi 5. Jun 2019, 10:06

Blackstar hat geschrieben:
Mi 5. Jun 2019, 09:57
Hey,

welcome to the forum.

Instead of throwing away a newly bought tent you could also just rent one at the festival. Information here: https://www.hurricane.de/de/wohnen/mein ... ht-schon1/ (you can switch to english there)
Thanks for the reply! I would rather rent a tent but those prices are insane. If I do end up buying tents, I will definitely go with Smi's suggestion and donate it. I'd much rather the tents be used for a good cause than to be thrown away!

Planbaker922

Beitrag von Planbaker922 » Mi 5. Jun 2019, 10:07

smi hat geschrieben:
Mi 5. Jun 2019, 09:58
Hi there,

For your camping gear:
On the campsite are spots from the "Rotenburger Tafel e.V." they collect food for poor and/or homeless people. There you can help these people, please do not throw the stuff away.

smi
Thanks for the info! I had no idea about that and donating sounds like a much better solution. Would you happen to know if Aldi will still be selling camping equipment during that time?

smi

Beitrag von smi » Mi 5. Jun 2019, 10:47

Planbaker922 hat geschrieben:
Mi 5. Jun 2019, 10:07
Thanks for the info! I had no idea about that and donating sounds like a much better solution. Would you happen to know if Aldi will still be selling camping equipment during that time?
Aldi changes its non-food products every week. Some items are available for several weeks, but i would not count on it.

Decathlon is a good option for good value for your money.

smi
Respect Existence or Expect Resistance

DonFernando

Beitrag von DonFernando » Mi 5. Jun 2019, 11:00

Hi!

I think the best option is to buy a tent and donate it afterwards, as the others told already.

Moreover I think you wont have any problems to make friends and meet people there :mrgreen:

If you want to, you can also search for people in this board who plan to go alone to hurricane or you use an app like spontacts. There you can also find people who search for mates to go to hurricane :thumbs:

Just one more question: Did you buy your ticket via the official website? if you buy it private you have to be careful to not be scammed ;)

Planbaker922

Beitrag von Planbaker922 » Mi 5. Jun 2019, 18:40

DonFernando hat geschrieben:
Mi 5. Jun 2019, 11:00
Hi!

I think the best option is to buy a tent and donate it afterwards, as the others told already.

Moreover I think you wont have any problems to make friends and meet people there :mrgreen:

If you want to, you can also search for people in this board who plan to go alone to hurricane or you use an app like spontacts. There you can also find people who search for mates to go to hurricane :thumbs:

Just one more question: Did you buy your ticket via the official website? if you buy it private you have to be careful to not be scammed ;)
Thanks for the tips. And yes I did buy it off the website! I haven't received anything in the mail yet though. Do you know how long it takes?