> Festival Community Magazin - klickst Du hier <

LCD Soundsystem

Was gibt's neues von xyz?
Michael

LCD Soundsystem

Beitrag von Michael » Do 4. Mai 2017, 17:18

Heute um Mitternacht gibt es zwei neue Songs. Dazu dieser sehr schöne Brief der Band/James Murphy.
in other news, we're releasing 2 songs tonight at midnight (and i mean, literally, midnight. wherever you are. so, like, australia first, and so on and so forth) via the digital things that people use now on their devices. these songs are named "call the police" and "american dream". we played them both at brooklyn steel. they're new. i (james) mixed "american dream" DFA Studios, and my friend dave sardy mixed "call the police" at his sweet place in LA last week, and shuttled them quickly to the great bob weston (at Chicago Mastering Service) to master them so we could get them out today.
seriously almost done with the LP. 1 more vocal and 2 more mixes to go. as eager as folks have been for me to get this done, it's got nothing on how much i want to be finished myself. it's been one of the most enjoyable records to make in my life, if not the most fun ever (i think it is, for sure, the happiest i've ever been making a record.) so it will be sad in some ways to see it leave the house etc., but we're really looking forward to not feeling "late" all the time, and being able to do things like plan a weekend to do something fun. or respond to an email about eating with a friend with something other than "i'm sorry! i'm totally buried in the LP! check with me in a month?"

so, to answer some inevitable questions:

Q. but when is the ALBUM coming out!?!! gahh! SERiously!!

A. that's hard to say in specific, but here's some info. i insist that there is vinyl on the day it's released (because... well... because i'm an old person) so it will go like this: finish last mix > get to bob to master > get masters to pressing plant > plant takes X amount of time > records get to distro so that they can go to stores > record released. however long that takes = when the record will be out. i can control the first part, and i'm furiously trying to get everything to bob before shellac goes on tour and that pushes things further back, and then there's the jockeying for position in line at pressing plants, and various other things i don't control nor fully understand, but i've been assured by folks i trust that there are a series of fast runners in sweat wicking clothing waiting at the line for the baton to then bolt forward...

Q. is there vinyl of this release?!?

A. no. see above. time makes that hard. also, these are album versions, so they'll be available on vinyl on the LP. i'm not doing "b-sides" for this, as this is, essentially, a "double A side" release. meaning that there isn't one song i'm like "oh this is THE song" and another song that i'm like "well, this one can go on the other side" with these. it's not a 7", nor a 10" nor a 12", in theory or format for me... these are just 2 songs that we wanted to get out to the lovely and patient (and some less patient, but one assumes equally lovely) people who want new music. there may be "singles" on vinyl of these later, if that seems to make sense and not be dumb. depends on whether there are smart things to put on a b-side. they're not necessarily things i'd want remixes of, so it's more about whatever else would go with the songs. there is a LOT of new music--much more than i usually have, so we're puzzling through all that.

Q. are you guys playing any SHOWS?? near ME??

A. well, that depends on where you live. but our plan is indeed to play shows near where people live. and no, not just festivals. that's all being planned as well. we loved playing the Brooklyn Steel shows, and we're just in a funny place, in terms of understanding what size venues/how many nights we should play in various places. we generally prefer medium sized venues over huge ones, but we also loathe overpriced stubhub bullshit, so we're navigating this as best we can. honestly, a lot of this is down to me (james, still) being difficult when talking to our very lovely and capable managers and agents w/r/t larger venues... i'm always like "that seems insane!" when a properly big venue is proposed, since we've only ever played hollywood bowl, red rocks and MSG, all of which were "special" shows, so it's just hard to get our heads around the fact that maybe many more people that we assumed want to see us perhaps DO want to see us. it's been a very nice revelation, but oh dear it's still hard to make sense of.
what we don't want: us in some mega-dome (looking like we think we belong in some mega-dome) playing to 1/16th of a full room, while someone says things like "well, we can curtain off the balconies so it doesn't look so bad," after telling us "you have to charge $180 a ticket for it to make any sense."

what we also don't want: tickets to our shows being sold for $1000 on eBay, and people who like our band standing outside crying because they bought some bogus barcode from some shit-heel scalper.
what we want: full shows that aren't so big that you feel like you need binoculars to see if pat is actually behind the drums or if it's louis ck or something.

anyway, this has been a communication from the desk of JM. now i need to get some oatmeal and go to work.
love,
us

I like them new Songs. I like Call the Police Especially. <3
We don't waste time with love.

Michael

Re: LCD Soundsystem

Beitrag von Michael » Di 30. Mai 2017, 23:13

Das neue Album ist fertig, in sechs Wochen plus X wird es erscheinen. I iz rddy!
hello humans. this is just a note to say that we're done with the record. like, totally done with the music and mixing. just some art stuff to finish, but it's been mastered already and the lacquers are winging their way to the pressing plant (which is, i think, where they'll make the mothers and stampers, etc.). i've been wrangling the fastest route between final mix and record release for the past few weeks so that there isn't such a lag, and i think it'll be soon. 6 weeks is the very fastest, i think, but it will likely be longer than that. just trying to get all the ducks in a row so that there's someone with a catcher's mitt waiting at each stage. we mixed the last song last wednesday, and korey ran to (a national overnight carrier) to get it to bob weston over at Chicago Mastering Service for the next morning. then we took off to play sasquatch in washington, and now i'm home proofreading lyrics and credits and all that crap. sorry it took so long, honestly. i didn't think it would, but i, once again, underestimated the distractions inherent in touring and living a "life". this will be the last record at the original DFA Studios, as we're closing that down after the building was sold, so there's a lot to digest for me. i've been there nearly 20 years now, and i wasn't a particularly young man when it opened, so there's that.
anyway, be well, thank you for yr patience (even when it manifested as semi-angry "where the fuck is the RECORD< james!" posts!) and very much looking forward to getting this to you.
james

Michael

Beitrag von Michael » Do 17. Aug 2017, 09:32

Neues Album, Versand ab 1.9. <3
American Dream is the latest studio album by American rock band LCD Soundsystem. It is set for release via Columbia and DFA Records. It was first announced on January 5, 2016, the day after it was revealed that the band was reuniting after a near-five-year disbandment. American Dream acts as the band's first album in seven years, following This Is Happening (2010). Track List

[Disc 1]
Oh Baby
Other Voices
I Used To
Change Yr. Mind
How Do You Sleep?

[Disc 2]
Tonite
Call The Police
American Dream
Emotional Haircut
Black Screen
Den Song "Tonite" kann man z.b. auf Spotify und YouTube bereits hören. Call the Police und American Dream gibt es ja schon ne weile.

[BBvideo=560,315][/BBvideo]

And what's it you do again?
Oh I'm a reminder
The hobbled veteran of the disk shop inquisition
Set to parry the cocksure of men's sick filth
With my own late era middle-aged ramblings

:mrgreen:

Michael

Beitrag von Michael » So 3. Sep 2017, 17:41

Mut zum Selbstgespräch!

Album is Geil!

Ja finde ich auch!11elfeins

Gelöschter Benutzer 408

Beitrag von Gelöschter Benutzer 408 » So 3. Sep 2017, 17:48

Bis Call The Police turbogeil, danach so naja...

Emslaender

Beitrag von Emslaender » Mi 6. Sep 2017, 16:09

das Konzert in Berlin muss ja ziemliches Chaos gewesen sein

Link
Eine Köpfhörermarke präsentiert eine tolle und hippe New Yorker Live-Band in ebenso außergewöhnlicher Location mit tollem Sound. Was kann da eigentlich noch schief gehen, fragt man sich? Einiges ist die Antwort und hoffentlich lernen die Beteiligten und Nachahmer daraus. Doors open um 21.00 Uhr und 21.45 Uhr Konzertbeginn wurde uns kommuniziert. Die Keynote sollte im kleineren Kreis zuvor stattfinden. Die Keynote war jedoch für alle (gedacht), startete um 21.15 und lief bis 22:40 Uhr, so dass LCD Sound erst um 23.15 Uhr starten konnten. Nix ist umsonst im Leben und so hätte man über die Produktpräsentation mit Überlänge dank Freibier & all my friends vielleicht noch hinwegsehen können. Leider stellte sich im Laufe des Abends jedoch auch heraus, dass die Veranstaltung völlig überbucht war und über hundert Gäste darunter auch vier unserer Gewinner der Einlass verwehrt wurde. So eine unprofessionelle Organisation geht meiner Meinung gar nicht, ist ein kleines PR und Marketing Desaster und hinterlässt einen faden Nachgeschmack. Darüber hinaus tut es mir für alle Fans total leid, die sich auf dem Weg in das Funkhaus gemacht haben und ohne Konzert wieder nach Hause fahren mussten. Zumal das Funkhaus gefühlt alles andere als voll war und mir berichtet wurde, dass z.B. beim Depeche Mode Konzert wesentlich mehr Gäste anwesend gewesen sind.

Gelöschter Benutzer 408

Beitrag von Gelöschter Benutzer 408 » Mi 6. Sep 2017, 16:14

Emslaender hat geschrieben:
Mi 6. Sep 2017, 16:09
das Konzert in Berlin muss ja ziemliches Chaos gewesen sein

Link
Eine Köpfhörermarke präsentiert eine tolle und hippe New Yorker Live-Band in ebenso außergewöhnlicher Location mit tollem Sound. Was kann da eigentlich noch schief gehen, fragt man sich? Einiges ist die Antwort und hoffentlich lernen die Beteiligten und Nachahmer daraus. Doors open um 21.00 Uhr und 21.45 Uhr Konzertbeginn wurde uns kommuniziert. Die Keynote sollte im kleineren Kreis zuvor stattfinden. Die Keynote war jedoch für alle (gedacht), startete um 21.15 und lief bis 22:40 Uhr, so dass LCD Sound erst um 23.15 Uhr starten konnten. Nix ist umsonst im Leben und so hätte man über die Produktpräsentation mit Überlänge dank Freibier & all my friends vielleicht noch hinwegsehen können. Leider stellte sich im Laufe des Abends jedoch auch heraus, dass die Veranstaltung völlig überbucht war und über hundert Gäste darunter auch vier unserer Gewinner der Einlass verwehrt wurde. So eine unprofessionelle Organisation geht meiner Meinung gar nicht, ist ein kleines PR und Marketing Desaster und hinterlässt einen faden Nachgeschmack. Darüber hinaus tut es mir für alle Fans total leid, die sich auf dem Weg in das Funkhaus gemacht haben und ohne Konzert wieder nach Hause fahren mussten. Zumal das Funkhaus gefühlt alles andere als voll war und mir berichtet wurde, dass z.B. beim Depeche Mode Konzert wesentlich mehr Gäste anwesend gewesen sind.
23.15 Uhr am Funkhaus muss man übrigens loslaufen, um unter der Woche noch S-Bahnen nach Hause zu erwischen, weil das ja so komplett am Arsch ist. Bei Interpol sind wir ja 22.20 los und ich war 0.30 Uhr zu Hause - bei eigentlich 45 min Fahrtweg.

ThomZorke

Beitrag von ThomZorke » Do 19. Apr 2018, 17:27

Jemand Interesse an nem Stehplatz-Ticket für Berlin am 30.05.?

rogerhealy

Beitrag von rogerhealy » Di 26. Jun 2018, 12:01

3-Stunden-Set beim letzten Konzert der Europa-Tour in Lissabon:
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/lcd-soun ... ace39.html

Michael

Beitrag von Michael » Sa 15. Sep 2018, 02:46

rogerhealy hat geschrieben:
Di 26. Jun 2018, 12:01
3-Stunden-Set beim letzten Konzert der Europa-Tour in Lissabon:
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/lcd-soun ... ace39.html
Geil.

In Berlin meinten sie glaube ich schon das es ihre längste Show seit langem gewesen sei. Die haben scheinbar richtig bock. War auch wirklich wirklich cool.

Spotify hat grade ne "Single" rausgehauen. Tonite, Home und I want your love (is non cover) live in Studio.